Wastewater treatment on river cruise vessel Charles Dickens
Installation type| InnoPack++ M
Application | Wastewater treatment for river cruise vessels
Capacity| 200 person equivalents
Customer | Select Voyages
Ship | MS Charles Dickens
In order to protect our European surface waters, the legislation RheinSchUO 2012/49 / EU has been in force since 2012. Under the European directive, all the wastewater generated onboard is required to conform to very strict discharge standards. Effluent quality can be verified by the authorities at any time.
The luxurious five-star river cruise vessel MS Charles Dickens accommodates 152 guests and 43 crew members on its cruises on the Rhine and Danube. In order for the MS Charles Dickens to conform to the legislative framework, PureBlue Water has taken care of the entire wastewater treatment system on the river cruise vessel. This total concept consists of the Innopack++M, PureBlue's biological wastewater treatment and vacuum system, grease trap, odour control and PureControl++ remote monitoring system.
The excellent cooperation and smooth communication between PureBlue Water, the shipyard personnel and engineers at Select Voyages resulted in a qualitative and trouble-free project. Thanks to the flexible approach of PureBlue Water, it was possible to move the installation during the construction phase from the bow to the current location below the lobby. The period from contract to installation on site was only 8 weeks.
Here is a quick overview of the main advantages for our clients:
- Certified installation according to RheinSchUO 2012/49 / EU
- PureControl++ remote monitoring and remote control
- Proactive, rapid response and clear advice
- Low sludge production meaning reduced sludge handling and logistics
- MBBR: Biological, membrane-free system means no operational costs (CIP and replacement)
- Low operating costs
- No start-up and down time required before and after a sailing season
- No clogging and guaranteed safe water run-off